Thursday, June 3, 2010

A- The high demand of gum

In preschool, you were cool if you had a 64 pack of crayons that had a pencil sharpener on the back. Back then, that's what everyone cared about.

In elementary school, you were cool if you had good food. Last year, I always had chips and candy and people would always ask me for some.

But in middle school, everything changed. GUM is what everyone desires, if you show someone your pack, they will keep begging you for gum until you give it to them. I've gotten better at saying NO!, but I try to prevent it.
In silent reading, I like to eat my gum so that I don't have to give any away in social studies. Stella is a very nice person that never even asks me for gum, but I give her some occasionally, because she doesn't ask.
The trick is (it's a dirty trick) is to say you don't have any gum when someone asks for some. So this conversation happens:
"Do you have any gum?"
"No"
"Oh" sighs.
Instead of this
"Do you have any gum?"
"Yeah"
"Can I have some"
"No"
"Please"
"No"
"Please"
"No"
"PLEASE?"
"NO"
"GIVE ME SOME GUM!"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NEVER!!!!!!"
"COME ON, GIVE ME JUST A PIECE"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

etc.

And then the person you didn't give gum to will hate you forever. So it's easier to fib, I say fib because it sounds better than saying lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment