Thursday, June 3, 2010

S - how middle sucks and how it doesn't

In the books, Middle School is a torture chamber. Friends ditch you, they turn "popular", bullies plunge your head into toilets, and you have loads of homework that make you stay up until 1:00 am. And they get ten minutes between each class.

In real life, middle school isn't so dramatic. Yeah, some of my friends HAVE become "cool". None of my friends ditched me, though. And no one has bullied me. Except one guy said that I was the ugliest that he had ever seen. WHO CARES ABOUT HIM??? And I barely have any homework.

Pros of Middle School: I like how we get to run around every day to different teachers. Like, if you really, really hate one of your teachers, you can look forward to going to the next class with your funny teacher. Also, you can sit anywhere you want at lunch, and we have lockers, which make me feel cool.

Cons of Middle School: WE only get four minutes in the hall. So we can't stop at the bathroom or anything. We have to go during class. And we can't drop our stuff at our lockers. We have to lug our 10 million ton backpacks around. And we don't get round tables at lunch. Some of us do, but most of us don't. :( Esee really wanted one.

It's always at the beginning of the year when everything gets assigned. Not officially, like classroom seats, but sort of...socially. Lunch room seats, for example. Everyday, the same people sit at the same spot. Mostly. You can't suddenly take over someone else's table at a totally different spot in the cafeteria with your huge group of friends. YOU HAVE TO DO THAT ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.

i <3 baking

1 comment:

  1. esee-
    so true. middle school isn't anything like books or movies. but is it way better than elementary school
    i love being able to walk to different classes :DD
    I SOOOOO AGREE ABOUT THE LOCKERS. THAT WAS ONE OF THE THINGS I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MOST AT KELLOGG- having a locker that locks. haha
    i hate that we have four min in the halls. like, y not have a nice round number like 5 at LEAST.
    and i don't really like lugging my really heavy backpack around. And usually has a really light backpack. but whenever she has the same weight as mine, she freaks out.
    AND YES, I REALLY WANTED A ROUND TABLE. SOOOO BAD!!

    ReplyDelete