Sunday, November 28, 2010

R - Noveling

November is National Novel Writing Month, so Belle and I were going to write novels.  Actually, I think that And was to, but she hasn't so far, I think.  We are/were doing the NaNoWriMo Young Writers Program, which lets you set your own word-count goal.  However, the real goal is 50,000 words.  Belle decided to stop at 22,00 or so (she kinda quit :(((((((( ).  I totally get why though.  Now I'm at 40,924 words and 5,801 words behind.  I wish I could get some ideas to get my book going.  I guess I should have done that a long time ago, but I haven't really gotten to my climax yet. I'm getting there, but I have like 30,000 words of what my mom calls "character developement".  Ick.  I would never read a book where the whole thing is character developement. (or at least I would never like a book like that)
So my book is one of those books where the chapters alternate characters.  Its all in third person because I think that writing in first person is harder.  The problem with this is that I've suddenly liked writing from one of my characters perspectives a lot more than the other, so I have to bring her back into the story by forcing out some ideas.
I am going to end up staying up till midnight a lot so I can get this done.  Then my dad can yell at me for staying up too late.  Big whoop.
oh well.

1 comment:

  1. DUDE! I want to do NaNoWriMo too!!!! :OOO how do you join?

    ReplyDelete